Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jobs, Jobs, Jobs - Part Two


I was just remembering my first non-babysitting job. I was fifteen and I got a summer job – at Kresge's! It was in the notions department. I sold thread and needles, that kind of thing. My day off was Thursday. One Thursday morning I got a call from my boss asking me to come in to work.  “But it’s my day off”, I said. He explained that a shipment of notions had just arrived and they needed me to unpack everything and get it on display.  My reaction? I was so excited. They needed me. ME!  I was in there in a flash. It was my first taste of having big, important work!

A little bit of history:
Sebastian S. Kresge first met Frank Woolworth when working as a travelling salesman and selling to all nineteen of Woolworth's stores at the time. In 1897 Kresge invested in two five and dime stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment