Saturday, February 27, 2010

The World of Marketing as Seen Through These Eyes



Marketing and advertising fascinate me.

I thoroughly enjoy  ads that are well-done, and I'm suitably appalled by those that miss the mark.  

For the purpose of today's scribble, I'm going to share with you a couple of ads that really amuse me.  I'll also share some I've created myself, but never made it into print.  First my own work, written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek:

When I was earning my living by tutoring children with learning disabilities, I created this ad:
I'LL TEACH YOUR CHILD A LESSON HE'LL NEVER FORGET!

When newspapers reported several tragic deaths of children riding dirt bikes, I thought of this billboard ad:
BUY YOUR CHILD A DIRT BIKE FOR HIS LAST BIRTHDAY!

And when legislation was passed that made wearing a seat belt mandatory, I suggested,
BELT YOUR KID!

But here are two that did make it into public view.  Enjoy!














  

No comments:

Post a Comment