Monday, May 10, 2010

I meant to publish this one on Mother's Day!

My dear mother is 95 years old, and living life fully.  Ten years ago, I sent her a Mother's Day card with the following message in it.  It seems fitting to repeat it again here, now.



Dear Mom,

When I’m feeling sad or lonely, I call you and you cheer me up.
When I find myself in a dilemma, I call you and you help me figure out what to do.
When I’m delighting in an achievement, I call you and you celebrate with me.
When I just feel like talking, I call you and you listen.

But the time will come when I no longer have you.
And when I feel low, I will remember your words of encouragement.
And when I struggle with a decision, I will apply your wisdom.
And when I celebrate an achievement, I will know you would have been proud.
And when I need to talk to you, I will.

Happy Mother's Day!
Your loving daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment